Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Ensure that all authors include their first name, last name, affiliation, country and email address. It is important to include the ORCID number of all authors.
- Ensure that an author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details and the ORCID number.
- Ensure that personal information, affiliation details and any other identifying information appears only in the ‘Title page’ file, which cannot be seen by reviewers.
- Ensure that a 'Declaration of Interest ' and an 'Author Contribution' statements are included in the 'Title page' file.
- Ensure that your paper conforms fully to EJFB style requirements. Please read Author guidelines section.
- Provide a title in English and Spanish (only for Spanish speakers).
- Provide an Abstract in English and Spanish (only for Spanish speakers).
- Provide a list of keywords in English and Spanish (only for Spanish speakers) and JEL codes.
Ensure that all necessary files have been uploaded:
• 'Title page' file (authors' information and affiliation, country, ORCID, contribution and declaration of interest).
• 'Blinded manuscript' file. It is very important that file does not contain any data/name that can identify it with the authors.
• Supplemental files (where applicable).
Author Self-Archiving Policy
EJFB support a policy of open access to scientific knowledge (see Berlin Declaration). Moreover, EJFB open access policy ensures that authors are in compliance with current Spanish legislation regarding the requirement to provide open access to research results obtained with funding from public research organizations (Ley 14/2011, de la Ciencia, la Tecnología y la Innovación, art. 37).
EJFB provides fully open access: all articles will be immediately and permanently free of charge for both readers and authors. Authors are not asked to pay Article Processing Charges (APCs) for this journal in any case.
Copyright is of two types: moral and patrimonial. Moral rights are perpetual, unwaiverable, non-transferable, inalienable, unattachable and imprescriptible prerogatives. In accordance with the copyright legislation, EJFB recognizes and respects the moral right of the authors, as well as the ownership of the patrimonial right, which will be transferred to the University of Malaga for its dissemination in open access. The patrimonial rights refer to the benefits obtained from the use or disclosure of the works.
EJFB is published in open access and is exclusively authorized to carry out or authorize, by any means, the use, distribution, dissemination, reproduction, adaptation, translation or transformation of the work. The contents published in the journal can be used under the conditions of use and distribution established in the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. The Creative Commons license BY-NC-SA includes the following elements:
BY – The attribution of the work corresponds to its author(s). Moral rights are personal, indisputable and inalienable, which implies the right to be reconognized and cited correctly.
NC – The publication cannot be used for a commercial purpose, neither the original work nor the possible derivative works.
SA – If you remix, transform, or create other material from the publication, it must be disseminated under the same license.
Publishing under this license implies that EJFB maintains the non-exclusive license to distribute the published article, which may be shared for non-commercial use as long as the authorship of the work is properly indicated and EJFB is the source of origin.